Iowa City, IA, 52246
Joined on November, 2013
Any day at any time
Up to 25 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationBachelors in Liberal Arts in Spanish and TESOL
Masters in Applied Linguistics
Experience• Spanish to English Translator for Psychological Services
• Spanish to English Translator for church organizations
• Tutored students in ELL programs
Tutor of Spanish, University of Northern Iowa, Fall 2011 to Present
Tutor of English, University of Northern Iowa, Summer 2012 to Present
Tutor of English, University of Oviedo, Fall 2009-Spring 2010
• Assisted students in developing English reading comprehension and writing techniques, implemented theory-based material.
• Expanded students interlanguage through input and output tasks designed to elicit noticing about their own language production.
• Increased students English conversational proficiency through forms of scaffolding.
• Aided in the creation and organization of workbooks to help beginner and intermediate students perform English to Spanish and Spanish to English translation tasks
Intensive English Instructor. Teaching Assistant, University of Northern Iowa, Fall 2012-Spring 2013; ESL Instructor University of Iowa Fall 2013- Present
Personal English Instructor. English Instructor for John Deere employees and their family.
Summer 2012- Present
Spanish Instructor’s Assistant. Student assistant/instructor for a Professor of Spanish at the University of Oviedo, Spain. Spring 2010
HobbiesRunning, reading historical novels, learning new languages and mathematical equations, playing piano :)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.